11.07.2011

My ever-so-elegant lace list...

I absolutely love lace. Unfortunately, the lace gowns did not work on my body. I did try on numerous lace gowns just for fun. Among all, I have to say that Monique Lhuillier, Christos, and Jim Hjelm really did lace well and their gowns fit my body perfectly. Here's my pick for the lace look in Fall 2012 collection.

by Christos
The one-shoulder design gives this asymmetrical gown a "balanced" look with the feminine and soft touch off-should lace. This is a tier-look done well! You wouldn't feel like you are a wedding cake.

by Christos
One-should is sexy; sweetheart neckline is oh-so-chic. The combination of the two makes this dress innocent, sweet, and fun. This sheath gown with high-waist design elongates the body as it adds a flirty bow on the side.

by Jim Hjelm
This is a classic Jim Hjelm lace design that's timeless and beautiful. The dip v-neck gives indefinite fantasy yet the lace is so elegant and flowy. I am not a sleeve person, but these lace sleeves really make the dress even sexier.

by Marchesa
This dress is so chi-pao! The lace overlay with cap sleeves shows just the right amount of what needs to be shown. This dress can be both traditional/conservative and modern/flirty.

by Monique Lhuillier
Her lace+trumpet dress keeps appearing every year. I tried on one of the similar dress of hers and that dress was amazing and fit me so well - it's really like a 2nd layer of skin. This dress is yet another elegant and fun dress that maintains the classic look of lace.

by Oscar de la Renta
How chic is this dress! The lace design adds the unexpected element to this taffeta silk skirt. And because of the lace, this dress does not feel heavy at all.

{all photos courtesy to brides.com}